The Program Objectives for the Master of Computer Applications (MCA) program are as follows:
- Develop Core Competencies: To provide students with a strong foundation in computer science and its applications.
- Provide exposure to emerging technologies: The program intends to expose students to emerging technologies in the field of computer science such as artificial intelligence, data science, and machine learning.
- Foster experiential learning & Innovation: To foster practical skills by providing laboratory work, projects, and internships, allowing students to apply their theoretical knowledge to practical situations, use various software and hardware tools, and gain hands-on experience
- Promote research and innovation: The program intends to encourage research and innovation in the field of computer science by providing opportunities for students to work on research projects and participate in industry collaborations.
- Develop Professionalism and Ethics: To promote ethical and socially responsible behavior among students and to prepare them to contribute to the development of society through their work in the IT industry.
- Enhance Employability: To enhance employability by providing career guidance and counseling, developing job-ready skills, and fostering industry connections and collaborations.
Centralized Placement Cell
Comprehensive Curriculum designed as per NEP 2020
Focus on experiential learning through Projects and Internships
Strong Industry-Academia Interface
Fosters Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Highly Qualified Faculty
World Class Labs
Exposure of In-house Incubation Cell nurturing various Start ups.
Master of Computer Applications program, is a postgraduate degree program that provides advanced education in computer science and applications.
The MCA program curriculum is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in computer science, programming languages, software engineering, database management systems, and computer networks. The program also includes courses on business management and soft skills to prepare students for a career in the IT industry
Overall, an MCA program aims to provide students with a well-rounded education that prepares them for a successful career in the IT industry and for further academic pursuits.
Vision and Mission
To create computer application specialists who will benefit society, industry, and all stakeholders
To provide people in the computer application sector with valuable academic, research, and employment prospects as well as social consciousness with ethical principles.
|Semester– I||Teaching Scheme|
|Course Code||Category||Course Name||L||T||P||H||Cr|
|MAJ||Data base Management System||3||3||3|
|MAJ||Java Programming Lab||1||2||1|
|MAJ||Data base Management System Lab||1||2||1|
|MIN||Elective 1 lab||1||2||1|
|AEC||Ability Enhancement Courses-1||1||1||1|
|VAD||Value Added Courses-1||1||1||1|
|SEC||Skill Enhancement Courses-1||1||1||1|
|SEC||Skill Enhancement Courses-1 Lab||1||2||1|
|Semester– II||Teaching Scheme|
|MAJ||Web Technology Lab||2||2||1|
|MAJ||Python Programming Lab||2||2||1|
|MAJ||Data Structure Lab||2||2||1|
|OE||Open Elective -1||3||3||3|
|AEC||Ability Enhancement Courses-2||1||1||1|
|VAD||Value Added Courses-2||1||1||1|
|SEC||Skill Enhancement Courses-2 Lab||1||2||1|
|Semester– III||Teaching Scheme|
|MAJ||Mobile Application Development||
|MAJ||Object Oriented Software Engineering||3||1||4||4|
|MAJ||Mobile Application Development Lab||
|MAJ||Computer Network Lab||2||2||1|
|MIN||Elective 3 lab||2||2||1|
|OE||Open Elective -2||3||3||3|
|AEC||Ability Enhancement Courses-3||1||1||1|
|VAD||Value Added Courses-3||1||1||1|
|SEC||Skill Enhancement Courses-3||1||1|
|SEC||Skill Enhancement Courses- 3Lab||
|Semester– IV||Teaching Scheme|
|MAJ||Business Process Domain||3||3||3|
|MIN||Elective 4 lab||2||2||1|
|AEC||Ability Enhancement Courses-4||1||1||1|
|VAD||Value Added Courses-4||1||1||1|
|SEC||Skill Enhancement Courses-4||1||1||1|
List of Electives:
|Course Code||Course Name|
|1. Design and Analysis of Algorithm|
|2. Dynamic application development|
|3. Data Warehouse and Mining|
|4. Design Thinking and Problem Solving|
|5. Data Science with Python-1|
|1. Information and Security Audit|
|2. ASP.Net using C#|
|3. Business Process Domain|
|4. Cloud Computing|
|5. Advance Internet Technology|
|1. Big Data Analytics|
|2. Data Science with Python-2|
|3. Business Intelligence Tools & its Application|
|4. Mobile Application Development|
|5. Introduction to Big Data|
|1. Linux Internals and Network Administration|
|2. Introduction to Information Security|
|3. Information Security Threats and Mitigation Strategies|
|4. Decision Support System|
|5. Image Processing|
List of Open Electives:
|Course Code||Course Name|
|1. Fundamentals of Computer|
|2. Introduction of Data Science|
|3. Data Analytics using Python|
|4. Business Intelligence|
|5. Computational Mathematics|
|2. Data Management Environment|
|3. Industrial Data Management and Security|
|4. Knowledge Management|
List of Skill Enhancement Courses:
|Course Code||Course Name|
List of Tentative Value Added Courses:
|Course Code||Course Name|
|Constitution of India|
|Universal Human Values|
|Practicing Meditation/Yoga/ Sports|
|Community Work ( Swatch Bharat Abhiyan)|
Abbreviations: Course Abbreviation; L – Lecture; T – Tutorial; P – Practical; H – Hours; CR – Credits
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: To apply computer application fundamental knowledge for solving real life problems.
- PEO 2: To exhibit analytical and technical competencies for implementing Information Technology solutions.
- PEO 3: To execute professional skills and meet the expectations of employer and /or have sense of entrepreneurship.
- PEO 4: To demonstrate awareness about social responsibility and life-long learning.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
POs outline the knowledge and skills that students should have by the time they graduate from the programme. The Master of Computer Application programme outcomes at Pimpri Chinchwad University are as follows:
- The capacity to apply basic computing knowledge, programming ideas, mathematical concepts, and management skills in the context of computer applications.
- The capacity to recognize, assess, and formulate the computational needs necessary for the solution.
- The capacity to design and create computer-based processes, components, or programmes that satisfy specifications while taking into account the problem in real life.
- The capacity to understand facts and offer appropriate solutions using analytical and technical skills.
- The ability to use the new methods, abilities, and equipment required for computing procedures.
- The capacity to comprehend ethical principles, legal obligations, and social responsibilities.
- The capacity for self-directed, lifelong learning in the pursuit of information for either professional or personal goals.
- An ability to handle the projects through the suitable project management approaches.
- The capacity to interact effectively with a variety of audiences through formal and technical writing.
- The capacity to comprehend industrial IT requirements and the effects of computational solutions in a societal, economic, and global context.
- The capacity to assess team members’ aptitude to work together across disciplines.
- The capacity to demonstrate abilities for creating opportunities or value for the benefit of both the person and society at large.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1: Knowledge of several programming languages, database principles, and development environment
- PSO2: The capacity to use theoretical and practical knowledge to the development of efficient software solutions for business challenges.
- PSO3: Increase knowledge of business methods and advanced technologies.
- PSO4: Encourage critical and analytical thinking for effective programming
- PSO5: Promote an innovative and research-oriented mindset when creating IT artifacts. PSO6: Preserve the personality while addressing social and environmental issues
Graduates of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) program have a wide range of career opportunities in the field of Information Technology (IT) and related industries. Some career opportunities for MCA graduates are of
Open Category student should have scored minimum 50% of score in any graduation degree
(e.g.: B.E. / B.Tech./ B.Sc / B.Com. / B. Voc./ BCA etc.,) with Mathematics at 10+2 levels and 45%
marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) AND Positive score in the all India/ State level entrance test /National Level entrance/Entrance test conducted by PCU
Candidates are selected on basis of merit AND Personal Interview conducted by PCU.
News & Events
Maharashtra State Press Council Accreditation Meeting: A Momentous Confluence of Media Excellence at PCET’s Pimpri Chinchwad University
In a momentous gathering at P.C.E.T’s Pimpri Chinchwad University, that unfolded on the 1st and 2nd of October 2023, the Maharashtra State Press Council Accreditation Meeting convened at the esteemed Pimpri Chinchwad University (PCU) in Pune.
Celebrating Tradition and Unity: Ganesh Utsav at P.C.E.T’s Pimpri Chinchwad University, Pune
Ganesh Utsav, the grand celebration of Lord Ganesha’s arrival, holds a special place in the hearts of millions of Indians. This vibrant and colorful festival brings people together, transcending barriers of age, religion, and background.At P.C.E.T’s Pimpri Chinchwad University in Pune, this inaugural celebration takes on a unique flavor,
Greening the Future: Tree Plantation Event at P.C.E.T’s Pimpri Chinchwad University
On a bright and promising morning of September 22, 2023, the P.C.E.T School of Design organized a remarkable Tree Plantation Event at Pimpri Chinchwad University (PCU). The event, held at 11:00 AM, marked a significant step towards environmental conservation and sustainability, drawing inspiration from the visionaries who graced the occasion,
Exploring Future Trends and Opportunities in the IT Sector: A Masterclass by Mr. Milind Chitambar
Engineer’s Day is a day of celebration and reflection for all those who have contributed to the field of engineering. In honour of this occasion, Pimpri Chinchwad Education Trust’s (P.C.E.T) Pimpri Chinchwad University organized a Masterclass Series featuring Mr. Milind Chitambar, a distinguished figure in the IT industry.
Breaking Boundaries in Education: India’s Largest Delegation Embarks on a Transformative Journey at Sakal Educon FINLAND 2023!
70+ University Leaders and School Management from 28 Indian Universities unite for a historic expedition through Finland, marking India’s largest delegation to explore Finnish excellence.
Fostering Innovation and Excellence in Human Resource Management: NIPM NATCON 2023: P.C.E.T’s Pimpri Chinchwad University Shines at this Premier HR Event
In the heart of Pune’s bustling business district, the prestigious J W Marriott played host to the National Institute of Personnel Management (NIPM) organized by NATCON 2023. This grand event, an annual gathering of HR professionals and academic leaders, witnessed the participation of esteemed institutions from across the country.
Embracing The Future: Media Renaissance Book Launch. A Spectacular Moment Of Knowledge And Innovation
In a grand event that celebrated the confluence of academia and industry, Dr. Girish Desai, the esteemed Executive Director of PCET (Prestigious College of Education and Technology), shone a spotlight on Girish Rangnekar’s groundbreaking academic book, “Media Renaissance: Bridging The Gap Between Marketing (Traditional & Digital) And Content.”
Subedar Movie Cast Lights Up P.C.E.T’s Pimpri Chinchwad University
6th September 2023: The buzz and excitement reached a crescendo as the cast of the much-anticipated movie “Subhedar” graced the campus of P.C.E.T’s Pimpri Chinchwad University. It was a day to remember for the students, faculty, and staff as they had the unique opportunity
Masterclass In Japanese Language: Unlocking IT Opportunities In Japan At P.C.E.T’s Pimpri Chinchwad University
In today’s globally connected world, fluency in multiple languages can be a game-changer, especially when it comes to advancing one’s career. For students at Pimpri Chinchwad Education Trust’s (P.C.E.T) Pimpri Chinchwad University, there’s an exciting opportunity on the horizon – a Masterclass in Japanese Language,
Exploring The Future: Dr. Deepak Shikarpur’s Masterclass On Emerging Trends & Career Opportunities In The Information Technology Sector At P.C.E.T’s Pimpri Chinchwad University.
P.C.E.T’s Pimpri Chinchwad University was thrilled to welcome Dr. Deepak Shikarpur (Director Kinetic Communications Ltd) to share his vast knowledge and inspirational words of advice with our students as they begin their academic journey at PCU.
Commemorating Freedom: P.C.E.T’s Pimpri Chinchwad University’s Inaugural Independence Day Celebration And Inauguration On The Hostel Facility.
Independence Day, a momentous occasion in the history of any nation, marks the commemoration of a country’s liberation from colonial rule and the assertion of its sovereignty. On the verdant grounds of P.C.E.T’s Pimpri Chinchwad University in Pune, a significant milestone was etched into the institution’s history as it celebrated its first-ever Independence Day
P.C.E.T’s Pimpri Chinchwad University Hosts Its Inaugural Deeksharambha Ceremony: A Celebration Of New Beginnings
In a momentous event that marks the beginning of a new academic era, P.C.E.T’s Pimpri Chinchwad University proudly hosted its first-ever Deeksharambha Ceremony for the students of Bsc, BBA, BCA, MCA, BBA, MBA and B.Des programs. The ceremony, held on 21st August, brought together an air of excitement, tradition, and promise as students, faculty,
Igniting Knowledge, Empowering Futures and Unveiling Tomorrow’s Leaders: Deeksharambha at P.C.E.T’s Pimpri Chinchwad University.
Pimpri Pune (August 18, 2023) – Advances in technology are bringing drastic changes in the lives of common people. Human life is becoming easier and easier. Science and technology is useful for bringing about change in society. Big changes are taking place due to technology in all sectors such as agriculture, industrial, financial services, and facilities.
Navabharat Education Awards 2023 Name P.C.E.T’s Pimpri Chinchwad University (PCU) the Best Private University in Maharashtra!
At the annual Navabharat Education Awards 2023, Pimpri Chinchwad University (PCU), which operates under Pimpri Chinchwad Education Trust, was named the Best Private University in Maharashtra. This recognition attests to the institution’s dedication to providing students with a world-class education and a cutting-edge online portal to information and possibilities.
Famous Marathi Actress Prarthana Behere and anchor RJ Akshay visits Pimpri Chinchwad University (PCU), Pune for a Shaikshik Bhet!
Famous Marathi serial ‘Majhi Tujhi Reshimgath ‘, hindi serial ‘Pavitra Rishta’ fame and acclaimed film Actress Prarthana Behere and popular anchor RJ Akshay made a special visit to Pimpri Chinchwad University (PCU) on July 7th, 2023, for a ‘Shaikshanik Bhet’ or educational interaction. The esteemed dignitaries of PCU, including Dr. Girish Desai (Executive Director), Dr. Manimala Puri (Vice Chancellor), and Dr. Rajeev Bharadwaj (Pro Vice-Chancellor), warmly welcomed and felicitated the guests.
PCET’s Pimpri Chinchwad University (PCU) Conducted A Career Counseling Seminar In Ahmednagar
We recently conducted a career counseling seminar for all the HSC students and their parents organized by renowned Ghonse Coaching Classes in Ahmednagar, Maharashtra. The expert professor of Pimpri Chinchwad Education Trust provided high school students with valuable insights into all the new edge industry demand programs and explained the admission process for AY 2023-24.
Launch Of The Book “Transforming North East India: Years 2014-2022”
Transforming North East India: Transition Towards 2030 and Vision 2040 seminar, organised by the PCET’s Pimpri Chinchwad University, Pune, with the book launch of Transforming North East India: Year 2014–2022, authored by Shri. Ajeet Kumar Jha, has been launched on March 21, 2023, at the India International Centre, New Delhi.
Japan Delegates Visit To Pimpri Chinchwad University, Pune, Global Internship Opportunity!
Professor Toshihiro Moriga from Japan’s Tokushima University’s Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Technology, visited Pimpri Chinchwad Education Trust (PCET) and Pimpri Chinchwad University (PCU) in Pune today.
Professor Sung Ha Park, Prof. of Physics from the Sungkyunkwan University of South Korea, visited PCETs Pimpri Chinchwad University, Pune
Professor Sung Ha Park, Prof. of Physics from the Sungkyunkwan University of South Korea, visited PCETs Pimpri Chinchwad University, Pune, on Thursday, March 9, 2023. He is a renowned professor in the fields of DNA nanotechnology and biophysics.
Professors from the UK’s Leeds University and Slovenia’s Nova Gorica University came to #PCET and #PCU today.
Today, March 8, 2023, Dr. Animesh Jha, a professor at the University of Leeds in the UK, and Dr. Matjaz Valant, a professor of ceramic materials and Vice Rector at the University of Nova Gorica in Slovenia, came to PCET and PCU to work together on research. The primary purpose of the meeting was to strengthen international ties among PCU, the University of Leeds, and the University of Nova Gorica.
Consulate General South Africa Visit to Pimpri Chinchwad University Pune.
Ms. Andrea Kühn, The Consulate General of South Africa, visited Pimpri Chinchwad University (PCU), today. Dr. Girish Desai, Executive Director, PCET, informed Ms. Andrea Kühn about the recent achievements of Pimpri Education Trust and about the newly established Pimpri Chinchwad University.