P.C.E.T’s Pimpri Chinchwad University was thrilled to welcome Dr. Deepak Shikarpur (Director Kinetic Communications Ltd) to share his vast knowledge and inspirational words of advice with our students as they begin their academic journey at PCU.
Dr. Deepak Shikarpur, a renowned IT Engineer with a Ph.D. in Information Technology, has evolved into a successful Technopreneur. Currently serving as Director of Kinetic Communications and Belrise Group, he holds Hon. Fellow titles from prestigious organizations. Driven by his passion for education, he actively contributes to the Union Government’s efforts in digitizing education. His accolades include the prestigious Bharat Gaurav Award, and he has received recognition for his commendable work in popularizing science among the masses.
In today’s rapidly evolving world, staying abreast of emerging trends and career opportunities is essential, especially in the dynamic field of Information Technology (IT). P.C.E.T’s Pimpri Chinchwad University understands this necessity and, as part of its commitment to fostering excellence, recently hosted a captivating masterclass series on the “Emerging Trends & Career Opportunities in the Information Technology Sector” led by the distinguished Dr. Deepak Shikarpur, Director of Kinetic Communications Ltd. This enlightening session provided students and professionals alike with invaluable insights into the exciting prospects that lie ahead in the world of IT.
Dr. Shikarpur started off by highlighting the importance of communication skills and the importance of command over the English language. He asked the students to upskill themselves in the communication realm and highlighted the importance of being a good communicator as well as a good listener. Next, Dr. Shikarpur focussed on the important subject of Time Management and its advantages and how it can improve our productivity.
Dr. Shikarpur’s masterclass was a captivating exploration of the current landscape and future prospects in the Information Technology sector. The session was divided into various segments, each delving into a different facet of the IT industry. Here’s a glimpse of what attendees learned:
- Emerging Technologies: Dr. Shikarpur shed light on game-changing technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), the Internet of Things (IoT), and Blockchain. He emphasized how these technologies are reshaping various industries and creating new career opportunities.
- Skills in Demand: The masterclass provided valuable insights into the skills that are highly sought after in the IT job market. Dr. Shikarpur highlighted the importance of continuous learning and adaptability in staying competitive.
- Industry Trends: Attendees gained a comprehensive understanding of the current trends in IT, including cloud computing, cybersecurity, and data analytics. Dr. Shikarpur discussed how these trends are shaping the future of businesses and IT careers.
- Career Opportunities: Perhaps the most crucial aspect of the masterclass was its focus on career prospects. Dr. Shikarpur discussed the diverse roles available in the IT sector, from software development and data science to cybersecurity and IT consulting. He emphasized the need for a multi-disciplinary approach to problem-solving and career development.
- Entrepreneurship: Dr. Shikarpur shared valuable insights into entrepreneurship in the IT sector. He discussed how individuals can leverage their IT skills to start their ventures and become successful tech entrepreneurs.
The vote of Thanks was presented by Dr. Anju Bala. She thanked our guest of honour Dr. Shikarpur for his valuable guidance to the students.
The masterclass left a lasting impact on all participants, from aspiring IT professionals to seasoned experts. Students gained a deeper understanding of the skills and knowledge required to excel in the IT sector, while professionals were inspired by Dr. Shikarpur’s entrepreneurial insights. The session also fostered a sense of optimism about the numerous opportunities that lie ahead in the ever-evolving IT industry.